As this week begins, I can’t help but think where did the time go? My son will be 9 months on Thursday and it’s hard to think about how I will be going back to work soon. My anxiety is through the roof…how did 9 months just fly by?
When I first started my maternity leave I thought it would be impossible to pass the time all day by myself and just a newborn. I was in for a rude awakening that was unmistakeable. I had no idea how much work a baby was going to be so I guess that’s where the first 3 months went. Seriously, oblivious…
Watching him grow up and learn his firsts has truly been amazing and I am glad I can take a year off to enjoy the time with him. But time is so fleeting. I try to enjoy the firsts but it is a constant reminder of how big he is getting and before I know it he won’t need me as much anymore.
The best lesson I can think of is to just enjoy the present for what it is and cherish the memories you’ve made so far. I try every night to look at the pictures and videos I’ve taken of my son that day. It really helps me laugh at all the good times we had that day (as well as show my hubby since he’s at work for most of the day)!
Is there something you do that helps you cherish these moments?
I don’t make resolutions when the new year starts but making goals is something I enjoy doing. Writing down a list of things I would like to accomplish and then crossing them off gives me such satisfaction!
But there are times that my goals scare me and then I don’t reach them due to that fear. So, I came up with 5 tips to help me reach them and I hope they help you too.
- Make S.M.A.R.T Goals.
- Your goals should be (S)pecific, (M)easurable, (A)chievable, (R)ealistic, and have a (T)imeline.
- This will help you breakdown your goal into smaller steps so you can achieve them without losing motivation.
- Break it down into quarterly goals.
- If you can cut your year into smaller increments, you now have 90 days to create your greatest year yet.
- It is so easy to let life get in the way of your goals. But keep in mind, everyone has the same 24 hours in a day. Make the most of them whenever possible.
- Be Adaptable.
- Because life will get in the way, it is best to adapt to your new situation and keep focusing on your goal rather than giving up altogether. Change up the plan to make it happen and go from there!
- Reward Yourself.
- There is nothing wrong with a little positive reinforcement! Connecting progress to a reward is really great for motivation. It will push you to keep going and cross off the goals on your list.
I hope these tips help you reach your goals, big or small, this year. Do you have any tips that have worked for you that I can add to my list?
It’s been a while since I’ve blogged and boy did I miss it. Life was very busy in December with getting all the christmas shopping done and spending some quality time with my husband since he only gets time off this time of the year. I have to say I enjoyed it but it’s back to business now.
Today I wanted to share Beachbody’s NEWEST Challenge Pack. It is easily the BEST Challenge Pack ever! This pack offers customers as well as coaches access to every program available from Beachbody for a FULL YEAR! This also includes ANY NEW programs they release throughout the year! Think NETFLIX for workouts. This is truly groundbreaking.
Since I started working out with Beachbody, I have spent about $1,000 in programs and meal plans. With this exclusive, you get $7,000 worth of programs and meal plans to help you reach your goals ALL year.
I can’t lie…I’m a little jealous that others won’t have to spend as much as I did lol. I am also very excited that we are giving more people the opportunity to be healthy and fit and it’s accessible in easier ways! It can be streamed from just about anywhere and there’s no need to lug around any workout DVDs.
I have made a commitment to make this the healthiest year yet! With Beachbody on Demand you can do a program, take a break, work out a few times a week for a month, start a new program… Whatever works for you. What matters is having access.
If you would like more information, leave a comment 🙂 I would love to help you get on the right path and have the best year yet! Remember, this is not a diet plan, this is a lifestyle change :)! I’ll post a few links for you to check out if you would like to get started on your journey today!
*I do profit off of any purchases made using the links.