I don’t make resolutions when the new year starts but making goals is something I enjoy doing. Writing down a list of things I would like to accomplish and then crossing them off gives me such satisfaction!
But there are times that my goals scare me and then I don’t reach them due to that fear. So, I came up with 5 tips to help me reach them and I hope they help you too.
- Make S.M.A.R.T Goals.
- Your goals should be (S)pecific, (M)easurable, (A)chievable, (R)ealistic, and have a (T)imeline.
- This will help you breakdown your goal into smaller steps so you can achieve them without losing motivation.
- Break it down into quarterly goals.
- If you can cut your year into smaller increments, you now have 90 days to create your greatest year yet.
- It is so easy to let life get in the way of your goals. But keep in mind, everyone has the same 24 hours in a day. Make the most of them whenever possible.
- Be Adaptable.
- Because life will get in the way, it is best to adapt to your new situation and keep focusing on your goal rather than giving up altogether. Change up the plan to make it happen and go from there!
- Reward Yourself.
- There is nothing wrong with a little positive reinforcement! Connecting progress to a reward is really great for motivation. It will push you to keep going and cross off the goals on your list.
I hope these tips help you reach your goals, big or small, this year. Do you have any tips that have worked for you that I can add to my list?